RECIPE – How to Make a Quick, Easy, Delicious SaladDecember 5, 2013 | Post a Comment
We usually make a pretty simple salad with just a few toppings. It is a quick, easy, and delicious (Q.E.D.!) salad that is also a great salad for the holidays! The salad only takes about fifteen minutes to put together. We put all our toppings in separate bowls because not everyone likes everything, and that way people can pick and choose what they want.
How to make an easy, holiday salad (4-5 people):
Ingredients we use:
One container of 16 oz/1 lb Baby Spring Mix 3 bell peppers (we usually use 3 different colors) One bag of frozen Birds Eye Steamfresh Sweet Peas One 5 oz. bag of Ocean Spray Craisins Candied/Spiced nuts (my boyfriend's mom usually makes these, but I think Trader Joe's might have some) Any type of salad dressing
1. Wash the lettuce (we usually use a salad spinner) and put it in a bowl with a paper towel underneath (to absorb the moisture). You can take out the paper towel when you are serving the salad.
2. Chop up the bell peppers and put them in a bowl.
3. Microwave the frozen Steamfresh peas for about 4 minutes. When you take them out of the microwave, let them sit for one minute, then put the peas in a container of cold water to let them cool off (so they don't end up wilting the lettuce).
4. Put dried cranberries / Craisins in a bowl.
5. Put candied/spiced nuts in a bowl.
6. Leave out salad dressing or put some in a bowl.
7. Put out all the bowls and enjoy!